Saturday, March 11, 2006

I incorporated my business using 2 different names? -

When I incorporated I decided to have one main name and also another name for my business to operate under. Does it matter which one I use when I do my taxes?

You need to file with the name on your articles of incorporation.Technically, what you have is a DBA , and you can certainly use both, but your licensed name must appear on your return to match up with your federal ID number.So you can file one of two ways: Andie, Inc. or: Andie, Inc., DBA Andie s Donuts (or whatever you ve got).****************Have you ever applied to file as a subchapter s ? Do it as soon as you can. No taxes, baby!

One would be the company name. This would be for the accounts, cheques, bank accounts, tax etc. The other would be your trading name and basically has nothing to do with the money side. You have to be careful that if you invoice under the trading name you make customers aware that they make cheques payable to the owner company.

Yes, You have to use the one that you registered for your Federal Id number with.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS