Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I want to start my own face and bod painting business.? -

I am a college student with two jobs and am still in need of more money. I have been hitting to internet and book store in search of ideas. I would rather do my own business from home, rather than get another retail job making peanuts! While in high school I loved art and drawing. So I have been thinking about doing something that I know I would have interest in and make extra money. I would like to start a face painting and body art business. But I have not been drawing consistently for a few years now and feel that I should maybe take a basic drawing class to get refreshed. But I know I have the creative ability to draw and come up with designs. I also don��t know much about the proper face paints. I live in an area with lots of schools, kids, and potential for work. But I would also need a partner to help with booking, set ups, promotion, and also doing the painting. Any suggestions on where to start?

Keep an eye open for Children s Fairs, Parties and events. These events may have Face/Body painters. Talk to them. They may be friendly and helpful. Maybe you could work for them to learn. But be careful. They may view you as potential competition. Also, there may be organizations that can be helpful to get you started. Search the net - there s lots there under face painting Good Luck.

Hi Letice,You start with a business plan. Even if you decide never to actually start up, a plan will help you decide if it is worth the effort, time and money.Planning is key. In order to plan effectively, you must conduct some research. What do you need to provide your services? Who will you provide them to? Who are you competing against? What makes you better; gives you an edge ? How are you going to reach your prospects/potential clients? Answering these kinds of questions gives you a basis to begin a business plan.You can download my free research outline at www.abusinessmentor.comIt should certainly guide you in the right direction.Good Luck!

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS