Thursday, July 20, 2006

How should I pay my employees !!! Please help!? -

I own my own house cleaning business..... I have 2 people that are friends working for me. Right now I am splitting everything I make with them because I dont drive...they pick me up and drive us to the location we are cleaning and take me to estimates etc....so if someone pays $100 to have their home cleaned, we each get $50. I cant keep doing this because it is my business..but they are driving me....I cannot get my license right now because the license place in my city is on strike for awhile........... any suggestions?thanks

you have really put yourself in a bad situation. if u tell your employees you are going to lower their pay, they will not be happy. plus they can always threaten not to give you a ride. i would say that u have to wait untill u can drive so u dont have to rely on them as much

You should pay them an hourly rate plus the going rate for mileage. So a house keeper makes $10 per hour plus if they use their own vehicle they keep records and turn them in and you pay them .38/mile then you get their social and 1099 them at the end of the year when you file taxes.

What all other businesses do...pay them a set wage, and so much per mile driving time....Right now, my guess is you are paying for equipment and supplies out of your half... this is wrong too..this is your overhead, it and any other expenses( taxes?) should be subtracted first...then you should pay yourself, and your employee an hourly salary.... keep track of the hours per job, and pay accordingly........

how is it your Business if you do the same amount of work and they also drive for you?

Pay them mileage to your pick up point and a small incentive bonus,

you should keep paying them what you do beest not to make them upset at this point.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS