Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I love baking cakes , I work full time in real estate and I am a mother of 2, How can I start a cake business? -

Having my own cake shop is my dream, how can I start small?

Start your cake business.However, most of new marketers have only the slightest ideas on where to start, and a lot of them are not willing or able to invest a startup capital in their business. However, it is almost impossible to start an business without spending some money on basic infrastructure.The very first option, if you have no money to start off your business, is to earn some capital using your already existing skills or knowledge. You can give tuition to students on your dominant subject in college, you can teach stuff about your hobby to people who are interested, you can write guides on knowledge or skills you picked up through experience and cannot be found in theoretical books.The fastest, most effective and easiest way to build your own business empire is through joint ventures.

I would first just start to bake cakes for family and friends. Maybe some parents in your kids classes need cakes for birthdays, etc. I would also look into your state laws and regulations. I know that in VT, if you make under a certain amount per week, you do not need someone to come in to look at your house before you sell baked goods. Also, look into local farmer s markets, craft fairs, bake sales, etc. All of these places are great ways to get your name out there!

start by getting some cards made up, do jobs for friends and family and ask them to pass your card along to others (give the extras of course), then when the people from the extra cards call, give them extra cards, and be sure to ask what people thought about your cake, feed back will help you improve your baking and your service!

try bake sales or flea market, where you will feel out the public s reaction to your products.after that its all downhill

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS