Thursday, July 27, 2006

Paid $1050 for booth at show, now what? -

I am signed up for Portland Spring Home and Garden Show in feb.I have done a smaller show and had okay success (paid for the show basically) but this is a big show and I would like some ideas to make my booth stand out. I make and sell greenhouses (stevesgreenhouses.com) and have a 10 x10 display house (completly assembled) that I use on a 10 x10 space so everything has to be inside of the greenhouse. I put up lots construction pictures and pics of my customers greenhouses. I have a few blooming Orchids for show only and have an area for business cards, flyers, and candy on a bench. (benches run full length both sides of house) I also cover the floor with black ground cloth.I m looking for suggestions for things that will make my display stand out to people walking by. My customers age groups are from 20 to 80 and most are hands on type of people that will assemble these kits themselves, so I would also like to do some sort of theme directed at them Retro? Down Home? Country? Farmers Market ?Thanks for you time reading this, any suggestion appreciated. Sometimes a fresh prospective can shed new light. Thanks again Steve

Movement, color, door prizes are attention getters. Do you plan any door prizes or drawings? Will you be selling small items from your display to help defray the cost or have only the greenhouses for sale?Just brainstorming and don t know if they d apply: Seeds--seed packets are colorful. Kitchen compost or scrap saver. Flower pots. Watering cans. Colorful gardening gloves and hats. Fountain, either tabletop or larger. Windchimes. Birds in a cage. ButterfliesDisplay (for sale or not) of some of your favorite tools. Kid-sized tools, etc. attract kids and grandparents, especially.Could you cut a deal with a nursery to furnish some plants in exchange for advertising? Or with a hardware to let you use tools?Give away a flyer (could be simple, 1-page or less and self printed) about something such as best plants for kids to grow, how to make compost, etc. Or favorite greenhouse plants for beginners.It would have your company info, too.Good luck.

This doesn t exactly answer your question about how to make your booth stand out, but why not have dozens of seedlings in small pots to give away, in exchange for visitors filling out a qualifying questionnaire? These can be used for warm-calling after the show.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS