Friday, September 1, 2006

How much should I charge for childcare in my home? -

I live in North Carolina, near Benson, and I would like to quit my job and start keeping a few children in my home 5 days a week, but I am not sure how much to charge. I currently work at a daycare center and I am a mother of two so I do have some experience but I don t want to charge too much so I can be competitive. thanks

well personally I would take the average of the prices that the competition charges. Make that your list price and give discounts and specials off of that, have some introductory offers. I would do this for any product or service. Of course if you can get business at the list price great, but this is an interactive process of getting the highest price that a consumer would pay for a product or service.Now if you need a price i would myself would charge 90 per week per child, and give a $10 discount for each additional child as a family member discount.??

hmm, youd probably have to completly child-proof your home (such as electric socket covers and so on), and im pretty sure you d need some sort of licence and have a criminal and home saftey check.However id feel more than comfortable leaving my child in your hands as you do have the best experience, Id say about $10 an hour, not sure though....you could probably change a whole lot more if you got all the nessesery checks and licences!I think you should go for it! Maybe hand hout flyers first and get people who are interested to call you....so that you know whether or not its worth quiting your job for!jo x

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS