Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What should I do,in my mini-company I am doing all the work and they are doing nothing? -

I m in 4th year(age 16) and everyone has to have a mini company. Myn is producing customised t-shirts with images printed on them.there is 5 people in my group.Sarah,Lauren,Fiona and amy.I myself spent 7 hours after school doing mini-company work alone. I couldn t do any of my homework or anything. Amy and I together and done hours after school while the others have to leave early to hang out with friends. Fiona has done NOTHING what so ever. NOT ONE THING. Market day is next friday and I am in a panicky. We have to produce t-shirts and everything and so much has to be done. I gave sarah one job to do today and she got it WRONG and I told her 5 times what to do FiVE TIMES and she got it WRONG . I mean what the hell? I give up I really do.Fiona is new to my school but she has friends here already and im not really friends with her so i am not really comfortable confronting her.

There is a reason why schools run this sort of activity. There is some learning at the back of it. If your colleagues aren t contributing, who is doing the learning? You are, in fact, quite lucky in that you are learning lessons about people at a very young age, lessons that can be very helpful when you move into earning a living. Yes, it is frustrating when people don t back you but it is in how you deal with it that the learning is done. The stick approach is making the threats that you will report their attitude to your teacher. Not knowing the individuals involved I am not in a position to say if this is the correct thing to do. The carrot approach will be in finding some incentive that will make them want to participate. Again, I don t feel able to advise you. I would suggest making a list of pros and cons for each action to help you decide what to do. Whatever you decide to do, keep a record showing how you came to that decision and also keep records of every event in your company, particularly financial records.Good Luck, I hope everything works out for you.

If this is for grades, I d tell your teacher. EDIT: Even if this is for PROFIT, I d STILL tell your teacher that your classmates are NOT pulling their weight and request that you be allowed to run it by yourself. ---Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II daysKEEP OUT! Trespassers will be violated!

First: I would keep the work I ve done to myself. Second: I would go to the teacher an tell her your concern and see what she/he would suggest so that your work is not affected by the others negligence. Third: Based on what your teacher suggested I would act upon it.

If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. This is sadly true. I am in college and no one really cares if it is done right but you. Keep up the hard work and definitely confront the teacher about it.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS