Sunday, November 18, 2007

How much should I charge for computer services? -

I already have some pricing set up, but I would like some feedback/suggestions. I do web design (HTML), but mostly PC repairs/upgrades. For example, how much should I charge to add RAM to a computer?Thanks for any advice!

Call up the most well-known computer repair shop in the area and ask them what their price is, and cut it. I m going to go half. I live in a small town, and there isn t a single shop in town. Everyone takes their computers to a Best Buy to get them repaired. The prices are outrageous, and the results completely unsatisfactory.$40 + the cost of the RAM to add it is good, I think. Seriously, it takes like ten minutes. If you re slow.

i would call up three or four local competitors to see what their prices are for the services i want to offer. i would then create a spreadsheet of 3-4 items per competitor and put it all in a matrix. this will give you a fair idea of what the market you re in is willing to pay for your services. go by your gut feeling. sometimes when you talk to customers, you get an idea of how much they are willing to spend. ask customers who are price shopping how much they perceive the value of your service is. that will knock some reality into your pricing and help you correct upward or downward for next time. by the time you re on to your 10th customer, you will have a fairly good idea of pricing. good luck.

$25 per hour

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS