Monday, July 21, 2008

When running a small shipping business, mainly for missionaries and church needs, where should I start? -

How many people should I employ at one time? What is a good location for a business like this? I would think the airport area.. Thank you.

There is no reason to be by the airport, since if you are going to be using UPS or Fedex they will pickup from your location for free. The post office will also pickup for free if you are shipping priority or express. You might want to broaden your clientele to everyone s shipping needs. It would only take 1 person to run this business if it is done correctly.Ordering shipping supplies should come from the post offices free priority supplies and from Uline.com. Uline have everything you would ever need to run this business. I run my own business and ship out every week, let me know if you need and help starting up. I would be more then willing to share my startup experience with you.

first step: INCORPORATE!.....if the business tanks, you dont pay a dime out of pocket....get a lawer to help you out with advice (i think legalzoom.com does cheap legal documents)

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS