Tuesday, September 2, 2008

QUESTION!!!! Please answer:)? -

Ok, so I am 16 and I have this idea about a buisness. I am all about eco friendly stuff, and I LOVE fashion. So, I want to open a small buisness called EcoChic. It is going to be a small buisness in which I design and create clothing made of 100 % recycled materials. It is going to be run in a small farmers market and online. The only problem is my age. I am 16 and I don t know if it is possible for some one my age to start a buisness like this... What do you think???

Short answer: age is no reason not to start a business. Ever see kids selling lemonade by the street? Same basic concept. Long answer: you won t be able to do much on a large scale before you re 18, but the upside of that is that you can focus on quality and developing a loyal customer base. Once you turn 18, if you re making money, you can really grow it. The most important thing is to keep good records so you can honestly know what each item costs and (when you sell it) how much you earn on each one. You have a good idea, but it takes more than a good idea to succeed. It takes work, dedication to the business, some luck, and good pricing strategy.

It is possible, but the costs of starting and running a business are incredibly high. You need to think about how are you going to make your clothing? Which audience are you going to target? How are you going to fund your ideas? Taxes? Are you going to need help, or do it alone?If you want something small that you can afford, I say go for it! Follow your ambitions! But if you plan on expanding your business, I say go to college and study business management. It s not necessary, but it will definitely help you to not make the wrong choices in the long run.

Remember Krissy where theres a will theres a way. You can do anything you put your mind to. Get someone to help you like parents. From my understanding there is no age limit for starting a business. Good luck!

Age is no barrier for a business, but as you said it will be a tailor made business so better you take help of some elders and experienced people

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS