Monday, September 15, 2008

What would be better taking pre-law/ finance and business or singing and acting? -

how many jobs are there available in singing and acting versus the number of jobs in law, in finance and in business.Your question is like a young child saying I don t need to go to school, I m going to be in the NBA and make millions . If you want to chance your future on a low odds roll of the dice feel free to pursue singing and acting. I suggest you do both. Go to school and see if you can get jobs singing and acting. Take drama classes, appear in plays, sing for a band, etc. If you get discovered and make it , all the better that you have an education to back you up. Look at Nicholas Cage and the millions he lost because he had to trust someone else to make important decisions for him, because he wasn t smart enough to make them for himself.Knowledge will always be power.

I grew up playing music. I started playing guitar at 15. I loved it, and still do. I spent just about every spare moment in highschool playing with other musicians and playing coffee house shows. When it came time for college, I decided not to pursue music and to go for a real degree.Today, I have a real job, and it pays well, but I regret my decision. I m still in a band with some talented musicians, each of whom has a day job. But I also have friends that are professional musicians and producers, people with jobs I never really even knew existed until I had already graduated from college.Just about every city in America has a theater group. Many churches pay their vocalists. If you go even further and study your craft, you ll do even better. Do what you LOVE to do, what you really enjoy.Pre-law, finance and business classes or school are expensive, and would almost certainly require you doing that work for a number of years to pay off the loans. Is that what you want? If you like to sing and act, find a way to make it happen. Join SAG and start auditioning for commercials, for both TV and radio locally. The work is out there, if you re willing to find it and work for it.Good luck!

Both are tough occupations and diametrically opposed in levels of satisfaction. What will leave you the most satisfied and fulfilled? A lot of people get into occupations just to make money but aren t happy and end up regretting not giving their true passion a try. I am one of those that worked as a legal assistant for years but didn t follow my passion of music and although I regret it, I have also come to terms with it and found that I did in fact love working in law. If I were you I would talk to professionals or teachers in both fields to give you food for thought.

pre-law there will always be crime in America.

pre law. Almost no one can make a living singing or acting.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS