Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How do websites reach millions of users in short time? How can I do that with a small budget? -

I have a new site and I am advertising it on google and it costs me like $2 for every new user to register on my site, which means for me reaching millions of users wont be possible through google adsense.I know after a while existing users might cause others to join in as well, but I am thinking how can I bring in like 50,000 users in a year or so with affordable cost?I dont have a fortune to spend a lot of money on advertising, I have a budget like max $200/month. Will I be able to reach my desired number of users in a year?Also I d like my users to be from North America, specially the U.S.My website is a free dating service which is 100% free and it is supposed to make money through google adsense in future (hopefully near future)I d appreciate any help :)

The best way to increase your position in the Google serps (Search Engine Results Pages) is by having lots of 1-way back links from authoritative web sites related to yours.That is, you need popular websites that are about dating/meeting people, etc. to link to you (but don t link to them).This, of course is not easy, and takes time.Alternatively, you can try to get links to your website from less popular sites by leaving comments on blogs, etc., but be aware that Google will penalize you if your links are from websites that have nothing to do with yours.For example, if you get a link to your site from an Auto Repair web site, this is not going to help you.You also have to be patient when building back links. Google will notice if all of the sudden overnight you have 500 links pointing your website. Much better to do this slowly over a period of months.You can also get more Ad Words value using your existing strategy by targeting more long tale phrases, which may be less expensive per click. For example, instead of buying AdWords for the phrase Free Dating , try to find a less common phrase that still reaches your target audience, such as Free Dating for Seniors (well, you get the idea...)

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS