Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How would you market yourself? -

I have been a personal trainer for years but have only been doing it occasionally on the side for the past 3 or 4 years. Now I am at the point where I am ready to start making a living at it again. I have access to a small personal training studio that I will be training in, but I am 100% responsible for building my own clientele. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to market myself so as to generate business? By the way, I think I am really good at what I do if it makes a difference.

When marketing yourself, think of yourself as the product and what you can do as the service. The process of marketing yourself includes:Define your mission and the benefits you offer : * Start with self knowledge: natural talents (aptitudes), interests, personality and values * Consider what role fits you best. * Ask yourself, What do I have to offer? * Set your objective: What exactly do you want to achieve? * Design performance measures * Gather analyze, and interpret information about your situation

I would choose from 1 to 3 specialized market segments, for instance pregnant women, or busy executives, or woman executives. Gear your promotion specifically to those few groups.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS