Thursday, June 18, 2009

My working hours change a lot..? -

hi, just wanted to know you re views.I have a contract of working 32 hours a week, but generally would work 2-10 hours extra. Now, I look after a child and my boss ( the mother) changes my working hours quite drastically. The prearranged hours are like 9-17 depending on the day of the week, but one week she would ask me to do 13-22 oclock with short notice,, which makes it hard for me to make plans after work.. I feel bad if I say no, so I rarely decline their request..What do u think, is this legitimate?

are you a nanny? they can set your hours to what they want, unless it says they can t in your contract. if you don t like your job, get another one. that s what i did =] i also work in childcare.

Was the prearranged schedule in writing? If yes, obviously the drastic change in hours is not legitimate. However, since this company appears a mom and pop operation, you are at the mercy of the owners. If you have a good relationship with the boss, try to have a talk with her, and explain your predicament. If she does not seem willing to reach a reasonable compromise, you may have no choice except to put up or leave.

Did you find the job through an agency? It may be worth talking to them to say that the hours are not what their client asked for when they asked the agency to find them someone.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS