Friday, August 28, 2009

Can a self-taught freelance designer still make good money? -

Once upon a time, I tried going to college to study design. It was horrible. I d learned more in my years of computer design to know that basic HTML for my entire first semester was not worth the cost of courses.So here I am. A designer with a normal job, looking to enter the field of freelance more seriously. Though it won t be my sole bread-winning job, it will be my passion. I m not concerned with making millions off designing. I just want to a comfortable amount from it as a side job.With no fancy paper saying I m University-bred and my own talent being my meal ticket to succeed, will I be able to do what I m wanting to do?

The freelancer one is good advice. It s legit. Others are rentacoder.com and elance.comYou will need an online portfolio of your work. When it come to creative skills like web designing it s more important that your site looks good and functions well and a degree won t help that.Advertise on craigslist. The sites will have to be cheep at first, but you can use them for your portfolio later. (Then you gradually charge more.) Craigslist allows HTML, so you can really show off your skills.

Yes, you can. But it will take hard work and you might have to design websites for free so that word of mouth gets around.

Go here http://www.getafreelancer.com you offer bids on work people need done online...

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS