Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Should I sell my boutique or just try to sell all my inventory? -

I own a small boutique with inventory of over 4,000, and I lease the space out for 410 a month. I may need to move sometime soon and just wondering what are my options. Should I try to sell it for a lower price of about 3,000 for my inventory and they take over the lease? Or, should i just try to sell all my stuff before I move? Thanks

Tis the season, as they say.If your inventory cost you $4000 and you ve marked it up the typical 50%, promote the stink out of a 40% off liquidation / going out of business sale.You ll hopefully sell off the majority of your inventory at a profit.If you re able to negotiate something with a potential successor to take over the business, you could suggest them paying you 50% of the inventory cost now as well as taking over the lease, then allow them to finance the remaining 50% paying you monthly over the next 3-6 months. This gives them the opportunity to sell at full retail, pay you and still gain a profit. This way you ll guarantee you get 100% of your investment as well.Good Luck,

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS