Saturday, September 12, 2009

So I called out today...? -

My boss is in a lot of pain - had to get surgery yesterday, so she won t be coming in today. Well, I m not feeling too hot this morning (throat s sore, stomach s upset, scheduled a doctor s appointment) and called out, and she sounded really pissed off about it. I found someone to take my morning shift but we re still waiting for a reply on my night shift, so I might have to go into work anyway tonight. This is only the second time I ve called out in a span of almost six months.Thoughts? Do you think my job s safe? I m nervous what with how mad she was acting on the phone.

Look, it isn t your responsibility to worry about your boss stuff. On the other hand, if your actions cast you as not a team player , the previous statement isn t what matters.Just make nice. If you re worth having around, you ll be fine.

I think you are on thin ice! She has had surgery and you have a sore throat etc...bit of a difference. She won t be happy, and I think you should have made the effort to go in, and be sent home if you were ill.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS