Friday, January 8, 2010

I need your help. My husband and I want to start a business.? -

My husband was let go of his job, he is doing odd jobs doing drywall and making okay money. He had his own drywall company years ago but didn t pay taxes and I m sure it wasn t very legal . My question is...We would very much like to start a Drywall company, pay taxes, be insured, hire staff etc...Where do I start? I live in Stafford Virginia and am wondering if anyone knows of any helpful sites or maybe you have started your own company and could point me in the right direction. I just need a starting point. All I am doing at this moment is posting drywall ads on craigslist but if we can get a company going I would invest in more gear and tools and put everything into this. Thanks everyone for your help!

1. You form a LLC as your business.2. You open a business account at your bank.3. You run ads in the paper yellow pages as a business.4. As drywall and supplies are always available, a warehouse is not needed, as all supplies can be bought prior to the job.5. Your husband does all the initial jobs until the volume is to great.6. As the job volume goes up, you run an ad for subcontractors, must have their own truck, tools, insurance and so on (so there are no employees).7. With a steady flow of jobs, your husband stops doing the work takes on the estimates, quality control, and running of the business.

B-Lust has a good guidleline however....Do Not put ads in the yellowpages....that is the biggest waste of money there is...only get yourslef listed in there...I can guarantee you that in one years time you will not ever have more than 12 customers from it...I ll bet a years income on that fact.The same money you put into the yellowpages waiting for someone to open the book and see your ad ( amongs all your competition no less) you can send out 1000 post card a month directly to the specific types of people who will use your service.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS