Friday, February 12, 2010

Can you make a decent income by opening your own movie theater? -

I am hoping to open up my own movie theater one day and I want to know can you make a decent income? i know that movie theaters get most of their profits from the concession stands and advertisements, but does the money adds up. However, you do have to pay for the utilities, your employees, and the movie studios to show their movies, but can you still make a lot of money?

Yes, but it s an extremely competitive environment. It is very expensive to get started as there is huge startup overhead. If I were to recommend a business model for a theater, I think that this is the only one I could suggest for a single theater - http://www.drafthouse.com/ .These guys have an amazing service. Tickets are cheaper than normal theaters, and they have full restaurant capabilities. One of the most innovative and successful models I ve seen. If you are in Texas, I highly recommend going to one of these theaters just to see what a movie theater should be.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS