Friday, March 26, 2010

How can I negotiate so that both parties are happy with the price? -

Hi. I recently listed my stereo on Craigslist. I set the price as make an offer, because I don t know what it is worth. Anyway, I got an email today asking what the minimum I would take for it was. I don t know what to tell the person. I was thinking the minimum would be $75. But if I say that, I m thinking he might only offer $75 when he might be willing to go as high as $150. I also thought that I might send a response asking what his maximum was. The problem I see with sending a response like that is he might think that I am trying to rip him off. He might think that if he says his maximum is $150, I will say my minimum is $150. I figured I would go half-way between his maximum and my minimum, but he doesn t know that. What steps can I take so that we are both satisfied with the price?

Ignore that he asked your for your minimum. If you tell him your minimum is $75, he will definitely offer you only $75. I ve made the mistake of doing this. I sold a set of tires when I know the guy would have paid more for them.Instead of saying; The lowest I can go is ____ Tell him; I was hoping to get at least ______ This way it still leaves room for negotiation. Don t let him sucker you into revealing your minimum like this other guy wants you to. Make the buyer reveal what his price range is.

Your minimum is then $75.Take it. There are no steps.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS