Monday, December 13, 2010

I have been made redundant, can my employer give some of my hours to other staff members to pick up the slack? -

is this legal in newzealand can my possition be filled or what? i dont know much and was not advised at the time can i take a personal grievence if he adds more pay and hours to other employees when i was made redundant due to a financial decision

Unless they are now having to work 40 hours of overtime to cover your work I would not think this is a problem.

if they are eliminating your position, why would they give your hours to anyone? that wouldn t save them any money - if there wasn t enough work to justify keeping you, there would be no work that required anyone else to get more hours

I m afraid that I cannot answer for New Zealand law (your answer has come up on the UK site) but over here that would be perfectly legal and in fact is what always happens.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS