Sunday, February 20, 2011

How exactly does a pawn shop work? -

I have an Omega watch that I need to sell, Ebay would be an option but their fees and then the Paypal fees makes me think of options. I know at the pawn shop the idea is to buy it back which I have no interest in, do they really just give you a fraction of the cost? And how do I find a good one?

Pawn shops can either loan you money on an item or buy it right out from you. You wont get full price for it, but if it s a reputable shop they will give you a fair price. Ebay takes too long to sell something, plus you have to worry about getting scammed.

eBay would definitely be a MUCH better option. Pawn Shops make money off you by buying it off you and selling it for a MUCH higher profit. When you sell items on eBay, people are normally buying them for themselves, and they are willing to pay for quality. Pawn Shops will only rip you off. eBay and PayPal fees do not even compare to what you will lose at a Pawn Shop, trust me. I am an eBay buyer and seller and have made the Pawn Shop mistakes in my day. I hope that helps, feel free to email me with any other questions about it. Good luck!

japanese pawn shops are the best. especially in san francisco where they give high dollar.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS