Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Please recommend books for a new young entrepreneur in service sector? -

Hi guys, please recommend me a list of good books for someone who has not start a business before and would like to start one soon. I will be in the service sector selling watches and clock mainly in my shop. I will also be selling on my website and on ebay. Please give me a list of good books that1) teach me the basic of starting a business (the must-do and must not do)2) how to promote/market and sell my business and service both in a physical shop and on website/ebay.3) how to choose shop locations, how to advertise my service, how to get rapport with customers.I know one book will not summarize all this factors, so please give me a list of books. The more books the better, as long as the books teach the above questions. And lastly, does anyone recommend this book Start Your Own Business by Rieva Lesonsky ? Good reviews on amazon, but I would like to hear more about it. Thanks. Cheers :D

Here is a list of books I have found helpful:The Art of the StartThe Sales BibleClose More Sales!Aside from books I have also found many websites useful. Like this one. Also I have found that once you start a business a lot of companies will call you to let them do your advertising. What I have done (after trying out a few of those companies) is to do your own marketing. Sign up for a Google Adwords account and start doing it. There are often codes given out for free advertising with them. I started by entering in my business in the Local Business Center and then they sent me a code for $100 in free advertising with adwords. As I do it, I learn what people are searching for and so how to make my ads more appealing. Good Luck!

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS