Monday, December 19, 2011

Can I ask for an invoice when I take a taxi? -

I just got an internship and the job involves a lot of traveling. So, for instance if I take the train then obviously I can ask for an invoice and then the company gives me back the money, but if I take a taxi to get from the train station to the office (or a hotel where I will be staying for a night) can I also ask the taxi driver to issue me an invoice so I can get my money back? (Sorry I m just an intern and I don t earn much and that s a business trip afterwards).

Sure, although it s usually called a receipt, not an invoice. Any taxi will give you a receipt, just ask.

Some cab companies furnish them, some don t. And since you are travelling to different places, it would difficult to determine that. Could you have them sign a voucher from your company? Some cabbies may not want to do that since they are probably skimming and wouldn t want to sign anything. You can only ask and explain why you need it. I m sure most of them have a way of getting you a receipt.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS