Thursday, January 17, 2013

What all do i need to start a retail business? -

I don t really have any business experience. I already have a location picked out. I have my ein number. I m gonna apply for my business licensce tomorrow if there open. I already ordered cash register software for a pc which also works with quick books and makes it easier to file taxes. I already have all the hardware like credit card reader, receit printer, cash drawaer. I already know what i m gonna sell. I have merchandise. It s just gonna be me and my mom running the store for now. What all or what else do i need to open a store?

Don t listen to this lot you just need buying customers! Keep your prices LOW and work on turnover.No point in sitting on the stuff.take care!

while all the physical items people mentioned are important, the most important thing you could possibly come up with is a marketing plan. this will give you some guidance, and save you a lot of grief down the road. while some of these things may seem obvious, i HIGHLY recommend you write it all out since it will allow you to evaluate your marketing situation as a while. 3 in 4 retail ventures fail, so make sure you are prepared!http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/guide/2533/

1) you need a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)2) if you have a made up name for the business, you need to file a DBA (Doing Business As....) - your CPA can tell you how to do this3) you need a GREAT marketing plan4) you need at least 5 years of business expenses ,in cash, in the bankBest wishes and good luck.

You are going to need shelves, chairs, desks, things of that sort. Possibly an alarm system, a sign, a logo, and business cards. That is just a quick list, there are surely more things. The type of business makes a difference in the accouterments you need.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS