Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I formed an LLC and now have to apply for business tax, am I the owner or corporate registered agent? -

I can only circle one of four options on the business tax application for this city. I know I m not technically a president or C.E.O. so I have to choose between Owner or Corporate Registered Agent. I am the one and only owner and I m also the Registered Agent. However I don t know if there is a difference between registered agent or corporate registered agent, especially because an LLC technically is not a corporation. I just wanted to see if anyone knows which I should put. Thanks in advance!

Since LLCs do not have a tax return of their own and you must elect how you are going to file. I would let that choice determine how I filled out the form. If you are planning to file as a Scedule C - Sole Proprietor, choose Owner . If you are going to file as a sub-S Corporation, choose Corporate Registered Agent .

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS