Thursday, October 24, 2013

What, legally, do I need to start a bakery? -

I have the experience, the place, the materials, etc. I m just lost as to how to go about getting started. I realize that there are permits, etc. required, but would appreciate any information you could offer as to what, specifically, that entails: what permit, license, etc. How much? What, in essence, is the process of applying, inspection, etc. to get started? Again, I can get the funds, etc. and don t plan to use any employees at first, so insurance, etc. isn t an issue either. Just looking for the legal aspect really. Thanks for your time and help.Kellykchristian811@yahoo.com

It depends on what city and county you are located in.You will probably need:1. Food Handler s Permit (you may have to take a class for this).2. Business License (inquire at your city administration office).3. Sales Tax Permit (if you are required to collect sales tax on what you sell). Also inquire at your city administration office.4. When you get employees, you will need to contact your State Employment agency and set up an account with them to report employees wages and pay state unemployment taxes.You will also need to do the same with the I.R.S. for federal unemployment taxes.That s about all I can think of. Good luck.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS