Friday, April 11, 2014

Handing out resumes today, any good tips? What do people look for when hiring? -

I am for sure going to a clothing store called Marks Work Wearhouse, it sells clothes for middle aged woman. I am 18 years old, should i dress nice? any tips when handing out resumes? Should i call ahead and make sure the manager is going to be there? What works for you or if you are a manager/boss somewhere what do you look for when hiring?

First thing I look for is a smile and someone that looks me in the eye! I would suggest wearing something mature and appropriate, like the type of clothes/outfits they sell. And it sometimes is a good idea to find out who the person in charge of hiring is going to be there. Often, you can get a job the same day you hand over your resume. If you do get an interview emphasize that you would treat this job with importance and always be on time!

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS