Friday, April 4, 2014

I own a service business in NJ and my business is advertised in the yellow pages, (verizon) and yellowbook.? -

I recently noticed that someone is using my business name and advertising in the yellow book under my name. What can I do legally to this person? They are apparently doing around using names to attract business not only in the county I live in but all over the nation. They want a monopoly on this particular service business. Thank you.

Do you have the business name trademarked and registered with the state? If so, then you might be able to take legal action against them. However, if they registered the name first, then you may have to make some adjustments. For instance, if the name in question is say My Service Business and they already have that name registered to them, then you could register My Service Business of New Jersey or something similar.But I m not a lawyer and this should not be taken as legal advice. You should contact an actual lawyer for guidance on how best to proceed, if you think you need to.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS