Monday, April 14, 2014

If i order something from a street retailer and pay for it is that all i should pay? -

I recently bought a product (its a towbar wiring kit) from a local business for ��45 the chap gave me the price after looking it up in his supplier catalogue, and told me how much and that he had to order it and would take a couple of days, this was tuesday, one of his collegues rang me today and told me that the product had been out of stock with the supplier but they have rung to say it is in stock again, she happened to ask the price and the supplier has told her a new price to what i was quoted, some ��20 dearer, she has then rung me to tell me if i still want it its going to cost me another ��20 - surely this isn t my problem and its up to them to check the pricing before taking my money isn t it? i was given a receipt and a card receipt both stamped paid, when i ordered it.

If you have paid in full and you have been given a receipt then you have a contract with them and they must supply the goods at that price. They should not have taken any money from you until the item was in stock. If you had not have payed it was within their rights to ask for more money or withdraw the item from sale.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS