Saturday, September 27, 2014

Why are instruments on Ebay so expensive? Why do people still shop there? -

Other than rare items, why do people shop on Ebay? I usually browse the musical instrument section but never buy anything because I could get the same items at the local music stores used for FAR cheaper (and most of them, I know make btw. 20-50% profit on used items because I ve sold used stuff there). In some cases, (after including shipping) they sell items items for 10% less than what they cost NEW! Why would anyone want to deal with the risks of buying on Ebay, buying items that are (presumably) flawed and lacking even factory warranty when they re only saving a couple $ s (in some cases)?I ve only once gotten what I consider to be a decent deal on Ebay...and that was with electronics (a risky purchase). Personally, I think it s the thrill of the hunt. People like that tension of possibly not winning an item. It makes them appreciate their purchase more if they have to work for it (cognitive dissonance and such). What do you think?

I think most of the items I ve bought on eBay have all been for a very good bargain price, so maybe there s something different about musical instruments. Overall, I think eBay is a great place to find a deal if you know exactly what you re looking for and how much you want to spend, and if you can afford to wait until you see exactly what you re looking for.I think the people who pay more than they should on eBay are the impulse buyers, the ones who see and click and *then* think about what they ve just done.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS