Thursday, October 2, 2014

Can an employer make a commission only employee work for free? -

I work for a Spa as an Estetecian (commission only) and my employer routinely requires me to come in to perform duties like filing and cleaning. I feel that they are taking advantage of the fact that they don t have to pay me for the time that I am in the office and not performing services. Is it illegal to require commission only professionals to perform tasks in order to have them done for free?

Sounds really suspect, if it s not illegal. No idea where you live however if you re in the US, the labor board would love to know about this arrangement . Are you only earning commissions? Then at some point you re going to have to figure out that you are really self-employed, and get your resume circulating to someone who will treat you as a professional instead of Free Help .

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS