Friday, October 10, 2014

I want to start a website but I have no idea where to begin? -

I have been trying to gather information on starting a website for my business, but I am still totally lost. I want to create a website to sell items that I make. How do I go about doing this? And what does it cost?Do I have to get my website name first? And then what after that? I am not very good with computers so I need very basic instructions on what to do and how to go about it.Thank you.

try Ebay first

I wanted to create my own website to promote products. I tried to build one using how to build a websites . They were easy to use but they didn��t really do what I needed and like you said the control panel was way confusing.I found this place on Facebook. They guaranteed I could build a website after I used them. It was actually pretty cool. They were able to log right onto my computer and show me everything I needed. It took about 2 hours. When I was done I could build just about any kind of website I wanted.(I have found website building is very addictive)I keep making page after page and can customize it anyway I want.It was only $75.00 and they were very professional. I think they were just starting out. The guy that helped me was really nice. He explained everything he was doing while I watched from my computer screen. Then I took over and he watched and talked me through all the steps.

I m not sure what items you make, but if it s anything craft related at all, try etsy.com It is a very reputable website for people to sell and buy crafts they make. With the info you ve given us, I wouldn t suggest a a website just to sell things. You ll be 9,976th in search results, and unless you sell things that are truly unique, people won t find your site. Also, I know I d feel more comfortable buying from a seller on eBay, Etsy, etc. before buying from a private site.

Depending on what kind of computer you use there are many different way to get a website started. If you use a Mac, then iWeb is the best and easiest way to get started. If you use a PC then there are many different drag and drop website programs that you can use. Having a Domain Name isn t necessary to have at first but thinking of one that you are sure that you can live with for a while is a good idea. You will however, need to have one when you decide to publish your site.I hope this helps

go to www.smallbizztools101.com enter your name check out the website and then sign up to watch the free on demand video that goes over marketing your business and gives help on building a website. check it out

Since your not very computer savvy you should just seek out a web designer they can be a bit pricey but since your running a business and you will need there help a lot they may work with u on the price. Your business name will most likely be the name of your website. If your looking for a price range i would look towards the 1500 range for professional work.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS