Friday, November 14, 2014

Do I have to have some sort of license to sell handmade jewelry on my website? -

I just created a free website on Weebly.com, I am trying to sell my handmade jewelry there. Do I have to have a license to sell, since its like my business, or is it just plain and simply free??? Confused! Please, I need to hear from experts or anyone who knows. I don t want to get into any kind of trouble! :{ Thanks!

Hello,Since you do not have a physical location, you should not be subject to collecting sales tax. Not at the present time. There may be changes coming to the laws regarding taxes and internet based businesses. Of the law does change and you have to collect sales tax, it would be for the state in which you are located. It is not a difficult process to get a state sales tax number. Just fill out the business tax form. Each tax varies on what they call it and what the form actually looks like. Those that I have seen are not difficult to fill out. Collecting the sales tax, reporting it to the state and paying over the collected tax to the state can be more work. If the business does a large enough volume, you may need the assistance of a tax accountant or tax lawyer to show you how to get started. However, as I said, at the present time, that problem you do not face.Since you are selling jewelry, you do need to be aware of the requirement to disclose lead content in the jewelry. If you are using any base medal findings, those probably have some lead. Also, there are laws prohibiting the sale of lead content jewelry to children.

a; you must be age 18 or over;b; while some cities are endeavoring to get firm [mean], it is not realistic for you totell anyone that you have a web based business--unless you wish to collect sales taxand then, you have to have a state permit to do so.........and that can get complicated.i suggest to my clients to just sell products IF YOU can get customers [very web sitesever sell anything!] and not to charge or collect taxes.luck to youdo not seek a biz license either.not till you are putting in your pocket $1,000 a mo. [profit, not gross]

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS