Monday, November 24, 2014

Small business on Ebay? -

Has anyone ever started a small business on ebay?? Is it possible to be successful??? I don t plan on trying to make it a full time job RIGHT off the bat or anything, but I m SOOOOOOO sick of working in retail I want to try it and see if I can succeed. I just want to know if anyone else has ever done it and been successful in the LONG run??

About a year ago i sold some old guitars and amps i had that i didnt need on ebay. My mom suggested that i buy some more used guitars from pawn shops and resell them for a higher price. I did and its pretty good. You probly could get a small business going but it would take some time and alot of work. Good luck to you!

I have done it and know others that are still doing it. Like any business it takes thought and planning on many levels. The bad thing is copy cats. You find a great item to sell, you get it cheap and sell it for a nice profit and do well. In a few weeks 300 people are doing what your doing and your money is spread out. In a few months the item is dead from overselling. Its better to sell a few large ticket items with bigger profit margin like cars or electronics rather than hundreds of small items like software or shoes. Less to manage and post and you make more. The key to it is getting a popular item to sell from a supplier who sells cheap and is hard to find. Keep in mind that eBay belongs to eBay and if you invest a good deal of money in an eBay business you are trusting eBay won t pull your ads or ban your items or even sell them themselves. All of this happened to me and it cost me a bundle. I left and started my own site but never got the traffic. It does pay the bills, its risky as you answer to eBay and its not really a true self owned business and you will be tied to the computer.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS