Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Boss and work issues? -

First of all I am grateful I have a job, this is not a comlaint. But anyways about 6 months ago I was diagnosed with cancer. hen all of the sudden about 3 months ago i started seeing a change in my pay. They said it had something to do with insurance so I sucked it up and decided to wait till open enrollment. I was approved for short term disability and then when i came back they said i wa not out for more than 21 days so i was not going to get paid. That really messed me up. I work for a contract company through the hospital i work at. i don t have a prob w/ the hosp, just the company. My supervisor at the hosp is bending over backwards to help me out right now, even lying for me. But yesterday I got so pissed I said I may be putting in my notice to quit cause i can t handle the stress. Then i asked him what they want me to do, Do they want me to quit, take leave or stay. My super got mad and yelled at me and i left for my treatment. Do you think he will forgive me if I apologize to him? I really was not trying to be ungratefull, just so stressed out

Insurance claims of this sort are measured in lost time [time away from work] and as such are accumulative. Each day away is added to the last until the end of the claim. Your boss may have been correct in the 21 days not being enough to qualify for short term. However if you schedule all your appointments from this point on during the work day im sure you can reach the 21 day mark. Not to mention if you were to feel ill due to the illness or its treatment. I would however discuss this with your Dr and insure he will back your claims first though. I would also talk to the company providing your insurance as well and double check what your employer is telling you too.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS