Friday, December 19, 2014

Would I just be wasting my time to try to start this as a side business? -

I have wanted to try to start some sort of side business for many years.I finally was thinking of starting a business in which I would rent out a small hall and do story readings.There are so many stories in public domain, I would have plenty of material.I wasn t planning to just run out and do this. I would have to take the time to build up a following.One of the ways I was planning to do this is by building up a following and doing free reading for public libraries.When I mentioned what I was planning to do to a few of my friends.They all felt I would not get anyone to come and would just be wasting my time.

Gosh, R14, I think it may be a long shot. I wonder about the demand like your friends do ;-)I think you have the right idea in starting small. The library is a good idea. How would you get the word out? You could put up fliers on free bulletin boards and maybe have the library promote your services. Perhaps they could promote it as a service for busy moms who need a few minutes away from their kids while they re using the library computer, picking out books, etcetera.Another thought might be to provide this service at churches so the kids are occupied by your story reading while the parents are attending church.If your business takes off, these and similar approaches would be good ways to build a following. If it doesn t work out, you won t have invested a lot of money in finding out it s not viable - just a bit of your time.It s an interesting concept. I d be interested in hearing how it turns out. I wish you good luck!

I think it is a great idea. If you target it to the right audience. Actions usually lead into another action.Meaning the idea we start with usually isn t the idea we end up with.Go For it

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS