Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Do I need a license to sell betty boop products? -

I have been buying betty boop products from a wholesale business in L.A., and I recently started to sale them wholesale in Japan. Do I need a license directly from the company that is supplying my wholesaler to sale here in Japan?

You do not need a license to sell Betty Boop merchandise, just to manufacture it.Wholesalers must pay a licensing fee to King Features Syndicate to manufacture merchandise. Most US manufacturers can only sell their items to retailers in the US. UK manufacturers to UK retailers, etc.Retailers are also supposed to only sell the merchandise in the country it was licensed to, but if you check out eBay or Google you can see that this is rarely followed. I sold Betty Boop merchandise for many years and shipped it all over the world.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS