Wednesday, December 6, 2006

What type of attorney do I need? -

I will be starting an LLC with 3 other individuals. LLC documents and a subscription agreement have been drafted up for my signature. The attorney that did this represents one member (and will also represent the LLC) and this attorney practices real estate law which is the business that member is involved in. What type of attorney do I take this to so that they can interpret the material for me and so that I can protect my interests?

It is a conflict of interest for the attorney who represents one of the LLC members to also represent the LLCLet him chose one or the other, but not bothThe LLC needs an attorney who works on business formationsEach member may want to get representation for their own interests

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS