Saturday, February 10, 2007

Custom order cancellation - how do I make sure I am not charged.? -

I had placed an order with a custom leash and collar company in September. Problems kept popping up (lost debit card, etc), and I wasn t able to get them a credit card number until October. Now, it s November, and I haven t heard anything from them. They haven t taken the money for the order, and I suspect they hadn t even started making it. I need the leash and collar ASAP, and want to cancel my order. I contacted them a week ago asking why I hadn t been charged, and what was the status of my order. No reply.Just today i sent another email asking for the status of my order. If I don t get a reply, I plan on sending an email explaining I am assuming my product hasn t been made because of the lack of a response, and am cancelling my order. I will also leave a message on their business phone.How can I make sure that I don t get charged for this? (they have my credit card on file) At this point, they would have had to make my items after they got my emails saying I want to cancel my order... how can I avoid them doing this? I don t have the money to pay for two sets of leash and collar, but need them right away!

It s too bad that they didn t produce your item. You should already have it by now. It s not like you were ordering a custom space shuttle. Their unresponsiveness is also a REALLY, REALLY bad sign.Unfortunately, the only way out as I see it, is that you need to contact your credit card issuer and close that card number and have a new card number assigned to your account. Yes, it s a bit of a pain, but remain polite on the phone and calmly explain that you think that your account information has potentially been compromised. They will be happy to set you up with a new card number - but then you will of course have to wait like 7 business days for your new card to arrive.Sending e-mails to an unresponsive company will get you - well, no responses.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS