Saturday, May 26, 2007

How can I know whether my employees emails contain business secret or not? -

I am suspecting one of my employees of mailing my business data to my business competitors? How can I know whether their emails contain business secret or not?

I agree with certain aspects of anti_anti s and eight fingers responses. Even if your employee s have not been specifically told that their email is subject to monitoring, if they are using company resources (ie pc, email account, internet access), then they have no reasonable expectation of privacy.You should limit the access to sensitive information and certain aspects/functions of your office pc s like eight fingers suggested.You should also consult with your legal and IT departments to protect yourself now and in the future.And to protect myself, none of the above information should be construed as or taken as legal advice. I m not a lawyer, I don t play one on TV and I didn t sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

As a small business you should set up a business mail account for all emplyees. you set the passwords and can monitor any mail you feel suspicious.if they are not dealing with sales or customer relations, do not have e-mail access on all computors and do not allow usb cards for personnal use. If there is data that needs to be keep secret, restrict his access to it.If it continues confront the person and see how there reactions are, if this does not comfort you, fire them. Business data is YOUR data, not his and I would not let this person abuse that trust.ball is in your court !

Have they already been noticed that all e-mail is subject to monitoring? Contact your lawyer if you have any questions. This is not legal advice.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS