Thursday, August 2, 2007

Legal Question about Amazon and Dropshipping!? -

Situation: There is a book I have found listed on Amazon that I can pick up from the actual Author s website for cheap (say ��15) and list it on Amazon for say ��30, keeping the money in the middle. Since I am ordering the book direct from the author, I list it under New .I have recently been contacted by the author who has said that I am to stop listing under New because he is the only legal person who can sell the book, therefore I must have bought from him, therefore the book is not New .Under Amazon s rules, New merely means that the book is Brand-new, unused, unread and in perfect condition. so I have no worry that listing it as New is correct, but my question is basically, does the author have any legal avenues against me by continuing to sell his book? What kind of rules, laws etc are there that I might need to read? There is nothing on his website to mention or prohibit anything like this.I would very much like to continue selling this book, but I don t want any stress involved. Help?

I am from the US and your laws may be different but I don t think the author has any legal recourse against you. I assume on his website he is selling the book to the general public. What you decide to do with the book after you buy it is your business. Referring to it as new is a contract between you, Amazon and the person who buys the book, so that is acceptable as long as the book complies with Amazon s description of new. The author is probably angry and frustrated - I know I feel the same way when I see resellers selling my titles for less me. Why is he selling the book for less than it sells for on Amazon? He is practically begging someone to do what you are doing. But I don t think he has any legal recourse whatsoever.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS