Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What is the best way to get hold of a franking machine for a small business? -

Posting out approximately 100 small packages a week.

Franking machines are very expensive...I had one for my small business and had to top up the postage periodically by getting the machine to call Pitney Bowes . Not only did I have to pay the monthly rental but I had to pay an admin fee every time I topped it up! Although the top-up was automatic, it only worked 9-5 which was a pain because as an eBay seller I did most of my post in the evening. There is a slight saving on stamps cost (IIRC 3p per letter) but it really isn t worth it.I set up an arrangement with my local postmaster that I delivered my un-stamped parcels daily and they stamped them when they were quiet and I paid once a week. No queueing for me and a bit of extra money for a local business. Bear in mind, there is an element of trust on both sides for an arrangement like this to work.Alternatively, if your packages all weigh the same - buy the appropriate stamps in bulk.

You can buy postage online that prints on regular labels. Saves a ton of money:http://www.stamps.com/welcome/?subsource��

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS