Sunday, April 20, 2008

Do I need schooling or some sort of certificate to open a bakery? -

I m a self taught baker. My mom had me baking since i could stir a spoon. I have entered cake contests and have won awards for my baking. But I bake mostly for fun and for friends and family events. Everyone says I should open my own bakery. I however do not have the slightest clue what it will take to open my own bakery. Do I have to go to pastry school or get some sort of certificate stating I can have a bakery?

In addition to the first answer, you might want to take some business classes to learn how to run a business. Most inexperienced business owners go out of business in 2 years. You need to learn the business behind it, how much your goods are going to cost, how much to charge to make a profit and be able to pay your bills like rent and overhead. If you are susscessful and get busy you ll need to hire people and learn about all the wage laws and tax laws. Or partner with someone who has this business experience.

no. you do obtain a variety of licenses, sales tax, vendors, and get health inspection for the place, proper zoning is required. contact the the city first.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS