Saturday, July 25, 2009

Should I ask to be laid off from work? -

Back in Sept, rumor was going around that there s gonna be some layoffs. We employ seasonal workers for spring/summer/fall, so usually they re the first to go, so far one has been laid off, one has been fired (or laid off, not sure), and one asked to be laid off and he was. The rest are still employed. A regular worker was fired in the summer, was replaced but then that guy left in August, no replacement. My company didn t do so well this year, so I hear. Rumor had it that there s a list of potential workers to be axed, mine was on it as well as my lazy boss... we re both still here...honestly, I HATE this job, company and can t stand the ppl, stressed out, pissed, and BORED at work...For months, I ve been wishing that they just get rid of me but I m not going to do something stupid...I ve been looking for another job for the past month or so anyway...So should I ask to be laid off? If so, how? Or just quit in a few weeks? Or ride it out? I don t plan on staying there forever anyway.

If you quit you will not be eligible for unemployment. If you ask to be laid off, the company may not honor your request and instead fire you, and you would not be elgible for unemployment benefits. If you can, try to ride this out until you get a new job or are laid off by the company.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS