Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why hasnt my new modeling agency contacted me again to come in to order comp cards? -

Recently I got invited to join a small, but reputable modeling agency in my town. I still have the contract at home and have not returned it, signed by the agent, just not yet returned. Anyway, my very nice agent got me into a couple of fashion shows (unpaid) for exposure, but since the last show (about 2 weeks ago), I have not heard from him.Is it a very busy time of the year or something? Or do you think because I didn t do amazingly at one of my first fashion shows that he is reconsidering signing me?I would like to order comp cards through the agency, but he has not returned my email, politely asking if I could come in to order them.What does this mean? Does it usually take this long to actually order comp cards, or do the agencies usually want you to come in right away if they are interested?Please help! I hate wondering...Lissa

They aren t calling you back because you say you haven t returned the contract to them. They aren t going to bother following up with you until you return the signed contract and they know you are committed to joining the agency. They see this as you either having a problem with the contract, or that you aren t serious about joining the agency. Most people would have returned the signed contract immediately if they were really keen on the agency. You don t need to order comp cards through your agency. I would call around to various photo studios to see how much they charge for a shoot, then look online for comp card printers who are usually cheaper than producing through the photographer

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS