Sunday, April 17, 2011

EBay item ended and payment has not been made and its been over 24 hours? -

It was clearly mentioned in the bid that if payment is not made within 24 hours of winning the bid, the item will be up for a second chance offer for the next highest bidder. The 24 hours are up and what are my options. What are my options to exercise the second chance offer? Can I deny the offer to the winner since the 24 hours are up. Once again, the item description CLEARLY mentioned that payment is due within 24 hours. I don t want my funds to be stuck for 7 days and then file a complaint and keep the whole thing hanging.

First, I am glad I don t bid on your site. I have many 100s of bids in my record and not one other seller has ever demanded payment within 24 hours. Second, if you have it listed as payment is due within 24 hours and you did not get it, then you need to email the winning bidder and inform them that since they have not done as the bidding instructions said, you are cancelling their bid so they will not be getting the item. Then you notify the person who had the 2nd place bid and tell them that the winning bidder defaulted so if they want the item they can have it for their last bid. If you want to be sure every base is covered, contact ebay and tell them you want to cancel the transaction on that item with the one who did not pay on time. You don t have to give a reason. They will contact the highest bidder and tell them that you want to cancel and then they will have a chance to agree or disagree and give their reason for not paying. This just happened to me but it turned out that Paypal hadn t notified the seller of the payment I had made so she thought I didn t make it. We were able to straighten it out when I could provide the transaction numbers.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS