Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Is 53 U.S. dollars a fair shipping charge for three small items being mailed from Austria to New York? -

My mother left a disposable camera, a little photo booklet and a cell phone adapter in a hotel in Austria. The hotel will mail these to NY for a shipping charge of $53 US dollars (35 Euros). I was shocked by this price. The items put together cost less than that. I m almost afraid we re being ripped off -- but then I ve never had anything shipped from Europe, so maybe it is fair. Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

Wow. That sounds really expensive. I would tell your mom that you can give it to her next time you see her OR send it to someone in the USA that you know that is closer then New York and have them send it to ur mom. Like I live in Ohio. If i wanted to send something to California but i didn t have enough money then i would send it to Wyoming (I know someone who lives in Wyoming) and i would ask them to send it to my mom for me.

Sadly that is a fair charge...my sister is studying abroad in Scotland and it cost my mom around $40+ to send my sister two of the smallest flat rate boxes from USPS. It s not fair that they are allowed to charge that much, but unfortunately that is realistic.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS