Monday, February 13, 2012

How many shoe styles should I start off with? -

How many different shoe styles should I start off with?I am opening a shoe boutique, min 1000 square feet. And I have no idea how much inventory I should start off with, for my shoes; or how many different styles I should purchase for the Grand Opening. I hear plenty of people say its better to start off with a small amount and try and sell them instead of a large amount... But what is a small amount or large amount for a shoe boutique?

After listening to the professor above (good advice), i WOULD also see what they don t have. I know in the place I used to live we didn t have the population to be the Urban Area for the Foot Locker to sell us Nike Dunks, but we loved Nikes.Then a store opened that sold The colorful Dunk Hi s and Lows and THEY SELL ALL OF THEM, and it s very good business.It s a small boutique so start with a selection and see what sells, be cautious at first with a couple bold shoes.More than a handful, less than a busloadAlso, who are you selling to? This can be important to determine your target audience to go study what they like.

visit at least 10 shoe stores in a 50 mi radius [as a studentof fashion merchandising?] and find out how they are doing.and why they chose what they chose.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS