Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Question going out to salon owners or similar business owners!? -

I would like to open up a portable salon offering salon services to people that cannot get out to get their hair done. My idea would be to go to assisted living homes, senior living communities, and individuals that have limited opportunity to get out, and provide basic to advanced services for them, without them having to leave their homes or living areas. I would like to provide haircuts, shampoo sets, perms, and eventually color to these people and allow them to feel good about themselves without all the hassle. What would I need to do to make this dream become a reality? I am already a licensed cosmetologist. Any helpful sites about business licensing, business loans, business plans, ect. or any tips from personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

There is probably a great need for this service, if you are willing to put up with some different problems than you would in a normal salon. I worked 11 years as an Activity Director in Senior Living Communities and I was always responsible for the beauty shop. The best thing for you to do is get your name out to Activity Directors and Administrators of any and all facilities you would like to work with. If they do not have a need for someone now, they may in the future. It would be very rewarding for you, I am sure. Everyone loves going to the beauty shop -- it is such a special time for the residents, and they always feel so special afterward All it takes is a lot of love, listening, and laughing. I loved my years working with Senior Adults!!

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS